Tuesday, September 30, 2008

All Things Fall

Well it looks like fall has finally arrived and I for one CANNOT be more excited. This is my absolute favorite time of the year and so many great things are associated with fall: fall is a prelude to all the great holidays to come, there are so many fun activities to tend to, the weather is amazing, the scenery is magnificent and ...it's my little boy's birthday. Yes, Michael will be turning 3 this fall. I think I need a moment to wrap my brain around that...

Sometimes I look at him and feel that he's still such a baby (always my baby), like when he asks to be carried or I when watch him sleep peacefully at night with my hand on his belly (yeah, I still do that). Than there are other times when his exploding vocabulary let's me know that I am now talking to an almost pre-schooler. The other morning he asked me to read him a book and when we were finished he said very seriously "OK, let's go to work Mommy"

Anyway, we ventured out on our annual apple picking trip and I must admit it was a huge success. I think this year Michael actual got the idea of picking apples and had a great time. The farm had some other fun activities for the kids like the petting zoo, jumping hay piles, corn maze and of course all the yummy farm treats. It was such a great day of fun for the whole family. I am looking forward to going back for pumpkin picking in a few weeks. It will also give me an excuse to get another one of those amazing apple pies...mmm






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well That is a pair of Big Ones you have there Kido!!!! I must say that you did have a great time this year, more aware of what is going on around you and every thing you do is Fun , the way it should be. A Kid Forever!!All our love is with you.
Daddy.