Tuesday, September 16, 2008

BRING ON THE LOVE!

In the past week my little munchkin went from the most unaffectionate child to this little boy who is just overflowing with LOVE! These days, Michael will say “I love you Mommy/Daddy” without being prompted and it is usually accompanied by a hug and/or a KISS!!!! He does this at any given time, sometimes for no apparent reason at all. This development is an absolutely delight for us! Don’t get me wrong, Michael always liked being “loved on” but was not very eager to return the favor. If asked for a kiss, he would usually turn his cheek and LET you kiss him. That’s it.
I am not sure what prompted this new wave of emotions from our little cherub but we say BRING ON THE LOVE…and with the face like this who can blame us.




6 comments:

Nemeth family said...

How cute! Kyle just started doing this a week or so ago too. But usually his "I love you mommy" is followed by throwing a book or climbing on the table or kicking the dog. At least he has figured out to hit my soft spot *before* he acts up :-)

Anonymous said...

OK Lovies everywhere :-) more for Mommy.. hey I will enjoy this phase.. Its a man thing; soon he will be saying to me" No Dad don't do that in front of my friends" Anyway, I love the Hugs and the Kisses, no matter what kind of day I have I look forward to see my Little Man, the smile and the words "Daddy" changes everything.

Anonymous said...

By the way, Who takes these pictures? Who ever it is they are doing a good job! Like the Black and White. ;-)

Addie said...

Awww, you know you have sweet kid but isn't it amazing when they actually tell you and give you squeezes! Nate's gotten better about giving hugs and kisses but the actual "I love you" is still kinda rare. I'll say "I love you Nate" and his reply is "Yes you do." Thanks for sharing the pictures too.

C! said...

aw I'm so glad your little boy has discovered the affection can go both ways :) it is the BEST feeling in the world!!!!

Rebecca said...

SUch a handsome little guy, but then you already know that!! :)
Nathan is doing that too, he likes to *touch* me, it could be just on the knee or the arm, but he is a toucher.
He has also taken to telling me "you pitty mumma" (pretty), now how cute is that!!

Boys, aren't they the best mumma lovers. :)