Monday, August 4, 2008

Slow Days of Summer


We had a calm and uneventful weekend, I love those! Saturday was spent visiting Grandma which is always nice. Michael loves going grocery shopping with Grandma and myself. He holds the basket, helps me get boxes of the shelves, gets to rip the ticket off at the deli line and we ALWAYS stop to see live lobsters at the fish department (lobsters completely fascinate him).
Sunday was another gorgeous day outside so we all jumped in the pool and had some great play time. Michael is getting very brave in the water and I am happy to see him not scared of the pool anymore. He walks around the pool flapping his arms screaming "Mommy look I'm swimming". I do hope he becomes a great swimmer like his Daddy, I have always felt a little bit "left out" because I never learned how to swim (blush).
OK, funny story to close out this post:
Michael found one of our BIG calculators today and was very intrigued. After looking at it for a few minutes, he put it to his ear and said "Sorry, Mommy can't talk on the phone, She's busy!"
LOL :-)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Wow Michael is getting so big, he is such a handsome little dude!
I wish I had a pool in my yard, I think I would be in it 24/7!

Sounds like you had a great weekend! :)