Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We're back from Cape Cod! Day 1

We came back from Cape Cod last Friday and I miss it already. Ralph and I were discussing how we can definitely see ourselves living there; it's so peaceful and carefree. However, I am a city girl at heart and will probably begin missing the hustle and bustle of a polluted metropolis after a while :)

The vacation was fabulous and we had a wonderful time. The first day, we took the ferry to Martha's Vineyard and Michael really enjoyed the ride. This was his first time on a big boat so everything was exciting and new to him. We ran up and down all decks of the ferry and visited the snack bar.



Once we arrived to the Vineyard we had so much fun exploring the island. We visited lots of cute little shops and had a wonderful lunch at a restaurant by the water. We walked around the little neighborhoods and saw some truly charming homes. Michael was having one of his "off days" and was acting like a true two year old should. Pretty much all day his preferred method of transportation was looking up at his father saying "Carry you" in the most whiny voice imaginable. Daddy of course obliged. Michael did enjoy looking at all the boats and trowing rocks in the water :)


At the end of the day the little guys has had enough and was way over due for his nap. The beautiful thing about children is they can sleep anywhere. Stay tuned for more stories from our adventure.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

True to say we had the best time ever, My Little Man did an outstanding job in the field of discovery, boats, pretty houses, stores, lots of water were anything he found laying around would be thrown in, but at times a 2year old he was, and I spent most of my time with 43 pound of my boy in my arms. Hey.. What are Daddy's for? The day will come when those little famous words will grow into something different. Daddy Carry You! I will to the end of the World..

C! said...

It looks like a wonderful trip! I had the chance to go to Martha's Vinyard once...while training up in NH - in FEBRUARY...no...I passed. I would love to go in the summer someday though. And Michael is adorable as usual - my Gordon would love to be on a boat - he's always making boats out of play doh and talking about the ocean. Isn't life just amazing with these little guys??

Jill said...

What a gorgeous day!!! Cape Cod is on my list of places to go someday. Michael is such a beautiful little boy :)